– DR PARUL SINGHAL
KEEP CERVICAL AWAY CANCER – prevention through vaccination and regular screening
. Cervical cancer is the second most common and fatal female cancer in India.
. Best part is Cervical cancer prevention is POSSIBLE.
. All women are at risk of cervical cancer, irrespective of socio-economic class.
What causes cervical cancer? Human papilloma virus or HPV is the main cause and female acquire this infection through sexual activity.
Recommended age – As early as 9 yr to 45 yrs.
Dosage schedule – 1) Age Less than 15 yr – 2 doses (0, 6 months).
2) Age more than 15 yr – 3 doses (0, 1-2 month, 6 months)
3 Reasons to get yourself and your daughter vaccinated now
- HPV is a common virus and can be acquired by almost all women during their lifetime.
- HPV vaccine offers benefits even if you are already sexually active.
- As per WHO, vaccination can significantly reduce risk of cervical cancer.
- PAP TEST – Most reliable and effective screening method. To be done regularly beginning age of 21yr.
- HPV DNA TEST- Test done along with a pap smear after the age of 21yr.
Warning signs/ symptoms
- Vaginal bleeding after sex, between periods or after menopause.
- Pelvic pain or pain during sex.
- Odourous discharge per vaginum
CONSULT A DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY.